Monday, September 29, 2014

I blinked, and when I slowly opened my eyes


Sam, Son Rey, and Jerry
Mary & Maude (95 years old)

September has almost disappeared. But we managed to squeeze in a special evening "Sam Sings Supper" lovely group of musicians comprised of Son Rey Garcia, Sam and Jerry.
Sun setting, fairy lights coming on

David, Cathy, Sharon and Jerry
I think this has been the fastest September ever. I really don't know where it went, but I am now looking at October, and the hubbie's birthday is looming. I'm not worried though, in our town we have a wonderful festival every year at the same time, which of course is usually on my husband's birthday or close enough to it.

Paradise Blues and Brews, all afternoon into the evening, laying on the grass at the old Railroad Depot Museum park. Lovely spot in town, and the music along with the local brews wonderful. We do have a big brewery down the hill from us Sierra Nevada Brewery in Chico. But I must admit some of the very small breweries win my heart and taste in spades.
Karen doing a sniff over
my Nocino concoction

For example The Feather River Brewery located in Magalia, has some of the most tasty brews especially their dark brew, reminds me of Scotland.


Full plate of summer bounty



Nuts and nibbles
Good neighbours
Ted, Michael and Kim
Evening silhouettes
The music in the park begins around 1:00 and ends at 9:00 in the evening. I plan on bring a picnic, lawn chairs and some blankets. I hope BeBe is okay, but I suspect she will be better with us rather than staying at home and wondering what the heck is up.

Wendy, woman extraordinaire race car driver, artist, 
and award winning California floral designer
We had a lovely get together last weekend at our little spot on earth, lovely friends and good laughs for sure. The band was a group of fellows and it was called Sam Sings Supper, and I must admit he/they did more than that. Lovely music, talent and voices.

I made a Nicoise Salad (thank you Julia Child, a most wonderful recipe, especially the dressing) Kale & Apple salad, Mediterranean Bean salad, cold cuts, loads of good bread, artichokes & olives and hummus.

Loads of wine, beer, soft drinks, sun tea and water. I did enjoy myself to be honest, always fun to have good humoured folk over to share, natter and enjoy a warm, late summer evening. I must do it again next year. Same time, most special.

Photographs were all taken by Janet Weidel, a most gifted artist and photographer, I highly recommend her work, and hope you click on the link to view her work.





No comments: